How does Apatite II work?
- provides phosphate ions to solution for metal-phosphate phase precipitation
- buffers pH and other aspects of water chemistry to a degree that makes leaching/transport of metals less likely
- induces the precipitation of metals into other phases such as carbonates, oxides and hydroxides
- induces adsorption onto existing surfaces - ApatiteII is the best non-specific adsorber available
- induces replacement or exchange for other metals in the apatite structure
©2001- PIMS NW, Inc.
Contact PIMS NW, Inc.